HSE Policy Statement
Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Policy statement from Stephan Midenet, Seabed Geosolutions’ Chief Executive Officer:
Seabed Geosolutions (SBGS) is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for its employees, contractors, visitors, and customers while protecting the environment in which we operate.
In our endeavor for an incident free workplace, we believe that all HSE events are preventable and that the elimination of these events can only be achieved if all employees, contractors and visitors are aware that they are each responsible for their own safety and the safety of others at their workplace. Consequently, SBGS management empowers all employees, contractors and visitors with the duty and individual right to stop or intervene in any activity that could potentially harm any person, the environment or company owned or leased assets.
To instill and promote this culture of openness and active participation within SBGS, the company is committed to:
- Maintaining an Operating Management System exceeding industry expectations that will provide the programs and tools required to achieve excellence in our industry.
- Setting HSE objectives, specifying key performance indicators, measuring results, assessing and continually improving processes through the use of an effective management system.
- Maintaining an internal reporting system that allows the recording and analysis of actual and/or potential events and non-conformities as well as, managing follow up actions and disseminating recommendations to prevent re-occurrence.
- Planning for, responding to and recovering from any emergency, crisis or business disruption.
- Ensuring that employees are competent to conduct their assigned tasks by providing awareness and training programs.
- Working with the local communities where we work and maintaining high standards of behavior wherever we operate.
- Conducting comprehensive hazard assessments for each project and implementing the necessary controls to reduce risks to as low as reasonably practicable.
- Applying our technical skills to all HSE aspects in the design and engineering of our services and products.
- Reducing environmental risks and minimizing the Company’s impact on the environment through pollution prevention measures and the reduction and recycling of waste.
- Going beyond compliance to meet or exceed all relevant health, safety and environmental laws, regulations, industry standards or any other applicable legal requirements. Where laws and/or regulations do not exist, SBGS will apply its own or industry standards.
As part of the assurance, review and learning element of the SBGS Operating Management System, this policy shall be regularly reviewed to ensure relevance to our constantly changing work environment.